Where Is Carter Park?
Our annual summer concert series takes place at the Bisceglia Bandstand in Leominster's historic Carter Park. This historic park was donated prior to the Revolutionary War for use as a militia training field. In 1902 Theodore Roosevelt made Leominster's only presidential visit when he spoke at the park from his railroad car. The bandstand, which was built in the 1970s, was dedicated in 1998 to Gaspare and E. Vincent Bisceglia, who directed the Colonial Band for a combined 88 years. A granite monument next to the bandstand marks the dedication.
The park is located just north of the downtown district at the corner of Main and Summer Streets, directly across from St. Leo's Church. Parking is available along both streets adjacent to the park. If you're using GPS to find us, use the address 113 Main St., Leominster, MA. The park has some benches available for patrons, but lawn chairs or blankets are encouraged as the benches fill up early.
To view the location on Google maps, click here